Thursday, July 20, 2006

Vocals

Tonite's practice was a blast. I had some problems with my Bass POD, it did not want to bootstrap, dam computers!! I shook it a bit and everything was ok after a song or two. We practiced a fair bit of songs tonite. We even discussed the possibility of live mic'ing Ian's drums using our USB UA25s, this would give us 6 lines in, enough to record drums.

We played Cab Driver, Wish You Were Here, Ete, Lezard, Qrt45, Liege, Sanctuary. Qrt45 was really a good jam. We were able to obtain a rolling feeling between the 3 instruments (bass, drums and guitars), intertwined solos and grooves. This was good. I took a chance and sang on Wish you were here, it is in my tone so it works. I just need to practice playing and singing.

We find our live sound to be very much influenced by Pink Floyd, without the keys and brass.

A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home