Monday, April 11, 2005

Re-learning the not-so-obvious

Spent hours re-recording some guitar tracks that I had done as rough takes previously. Had forgotten that I needed to put a pre-amp in between the guitar and the sound card to avoid distortion. Amazing how the distortion I was getting was so annoying that it completely hindered any chance of playing with feeling. Once I remembered (I had done this originally, a few weeks ago), all was well again. The takes that I had been re-recording for hours on end took half an hour to redo with feeling. Now the mix needs to be done to remove some of the cable noise (very little), and to add pan and reverb. There are some parts that need to be slightly edited, but with six guitar tracks, there should be enough to fill any need.

Also played with the midi to augment an embryonic song idea. Did the rhythm, the added a real electric guitar track, and then a melodic midi line. Hard to control some of the voices. The ones with long sustain seem to be best, otherwise lots of spurious flats and trebles and strange noises. Need to adjust the sensitivity. Best for playing live, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home