Friday, June 23, 2006

The dynamics of a practice

Yesterday was a very good day, grabbed a new bass at store with a special friend of mine. This was a magic moment for me. The Stingray Music Man Special Edition 2005 is what I went for.

Day at work has been a little longer, I arrived late at the practice. The arrival to the rehearsal place is always special for me, it is a house in the countryside, very refreshing view. As soon as I get off the truck, I can feel the musical moment filling me, this is fun and good.

We then enter the music room and start to install our gear, Tony plugs-in his electronics (Midi guitar, compressor, sustainer, overdrive), adjust his DSP on his guitar and I do the same with my Bass POD, amp and Ian gets ready to start the rolls and beats which make us groove.

Yesterday, we spent 50-50 on originals and cover material. The sound was good, Tony brought his Les Paul look-alike for the jam, I was glad. I like the fat sound of it, it kind of influenced how we played. This is a good thing, it means we are listening more and more to the others while we play, this makes a big difference in the dynamics of a practice.

The dynamics of Epoxy are derived from this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home